This half-day course will prepare employees to act in the capacity of Fire Warden or Fire Marshal in their place of work. There is a legal requirement on employers to prepare an Emergency Plan outlining how the workplace will be evacuated in the event of a fire outbreak and Fire Wardens have an important role in the execution of this plan. Our Fire Warden Training course provides participants with a comprehensive breakdown of their duties and actions to be followed during a fire or emergency. It also highlights the dangers of fire in the workplace and the importance of fire prevention and the need for urgent action in the event of an emergency. Participants will also gain practical experience of using a fire extinguisher in a controlled live-fire demonstration (subject to suitable conditions).
Course Content/Topics Covered
- Theory of fire and fire extinction
- Chemistry of fire
- Identifying hazards
- Spread of fire and behaviour of smoke
- Classification of fires
- Fire prevention
- Duties of a fire warden
- Selection and safe operation of fire extinguishers
- Better awareness of the duties of a Fire Warden
- Be able to assist in the management of evacuations
- Understand the three components necessary to create fire
- Know what to do in the event of a fire
- Select the most appropriate fire extinguisher
- Greater confidence to deal with fire in an emergency
- Be able to identify hazards in the workplace
Course Ideal for
Employees wishing to become fire wardens or fire marshals in the workplace
No. of Participants
Maximum of 12 learners per class
Our Fire Warden training is classroom-based incorporating real-life examples, video material and practical demonstrations in a relaxed and interactive atmosphere. Our aim is to give participants the confidence and skills required to apply what they have learned to any emergency situations they might encounter in their own working environments. We encourage discussion and the use of organisation-specific examples to aid understanding.
Skills are assessed on a continuous basis throughout the course
Successful completion of this course leads to the awarding of an Order of Malta Ireland Fire Warden certificate which is valid for 2 years.
This course can be provided onsite or at our Training Centre.